Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloweekend: Monkeying around













Isabella finally got to wear her Halloween costume out in public. She wore it to every single outing we went on.

On Friday we went to my school for the Halloween parade in the afternoon. A friend of mine from work, Erin, brought her 12 week old banana (baby boy) named Matthew. I dressed up as the Man in the Yellow Hat and Isabella was Curious George.

Saturday we went to Cooper's Farm. There we went through a corn maze and saw some farm animals. Being the animal lover she is, Isabella giggled at the goats and cow. Anna and Brad came with us. Our friends Beth, Dave, Steve, Sandy, Lisa and Andrew came with their kids also.

Saturday evening we went to the Wychwood Barns for a family Halloween party. The Barns are old TTC barns that have been converted to a type of community/art centre. We then ordered dinner at Fred and Jing's place. Julie, Chris and Owen were there too. Owen was a shark (very apropos since he's got so many teeth). Amira was a cat burglar.

Sunday we mostly stayed home. I took Isabella to the grocery store in her monkey costume. They had trick or treating there, so I got to do groceries and get some candy. Of course I ate the candy, but it was healthy candy cause it was at an organic grocery store. In the evening I took Isabella for a walk around the block so she could see kids in costume. There were no kids. I think I had to have gone deep into the more residential areas. But by then I was all Halloweened out.

No comments:

Post a Comment